The Musician plugin brings the essence of computer-based music production software to the super-compact MixPre-3, MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10T and MixPre-10 II recorders. Musicians and songwriters now have an easy to use, portable tool for creating high quality, multi-layered songs anywhere and anytime that inspiration grabs them.
Purchases of plugins are non-refundable. After the Musician Plugin is installed on a MixPre, it cannot be removed.
The Musician plugin works in a similar fashion to any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW); however, it is intentionally simplified to allow musicians to focus on their art rather than get bogged down in technical stuff.
With the Musician plugin activated, the following features are available:
- Track Laying/Overdubbing – Record up to 12 tracks total: three at once on the MixPre-3 and MixPre-3 II, six at once on the MixPre-6 and MixPre-6 II, and eight at once on the MixPre-10T and MixPre-10 II.
- Track Bouncing – Mix multiple tracks into one or two, freeing up more tracks for further overdubbing.
- Punch In/Out – Automatically or manually drop in and out of record on armed tracks while playing back existing unarmed tracks.
- Cue Markers – Navigate your song easily using cue markers
- Effects – Add character by applying Reverb or Vocal Air
- Metronome – Use the built-in, configurable metronome to keep your performance in time.
- Input to Track Routing – Route any input to any track, reducing the need to re-plug inputs.
- Mixing – During recording or playback, create a mix using fader knobs, pans, solos, mutes, and effects.
- Rendering – Render (export) your song for sharing with others.
- Import – Load a multichannel wav file from a DAW to use as the foundation of a new project or as a backing track for live performance.
The Musician plugin is compatible with the following Sound Devices recorders:
- Download Musician Plugin User guide
Instructions on how to use the Musician Plugin
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I made purchase from my smartphone. How do I download my license?
Answer: While this plugin may be purchased from a smartphone, the plugin must be downloaded from the online store to a computer or SD card in a computer, in order for the plugin to be installed onto the MixPre. If purchased from a phone, you will need to return to the online store from a computer to get your download file.
Simply go to store.sounddevices.com/your-device/, reenter your serial number, and click Look-up.
The store will:
- Verify purchase
- Bypass Shopping Cart screens
- Show that the plugin has already been acquired for the device with that serial number
- Provide the download link for the plugin
Then, you can download the LIC file to an SD card, insert it in your MixPre, and activate it.