Easily create a song using the MixPre as a standalone recorder or USB interface. Use onboard features like overdub, bounce, reverb, and tracking to a metronome.
The Musician plugin brings the essence of computer-based music production software to the super-compact MixPre-3, MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10T and MixPre-10 II recorders. Musicians and songwriters now have an easy to use, portable tool for creating high quality, multi-layered songs anywhere and anytime that inspiration grabs them. When using the Musician plugin, you can record songs with a sample rate of up to 96 kHz and a bit depth of up to 24-bit. NoiseAssist, MixAssist, and Ambisonics plugins are unavailable when the Musician plugin is in use.
With the Musician plugin activated, the following features are available:
- Track Laying/Overdubbing – Record up to 12 tracks total: three at once on the MixPre-3 and MixPre-3 II, six at once on the MixPre-6 and MixPre-6 II, and eight at once on the MixPre-10T and MixPre-10 II.
- Track Bouncing – Mix multiple tracks into one or two, freeing up more tracks for further overdubbing.
- Punch In/Out – Automatically or manually drop in and out of record on armed tracks while playing back existing unarmed tracks.
- Cue Markers – Navigate your song easily using cue markers
- Effects – Add character by applying Reverb or Vocal Air
- Metronome – Use the built-in, configurable metronome to keep your performance in time.
- Input to Track Routing – Route any input to any track, reducing the need to re-plug inputs.
- Mixing – During recording or playback, create a mix using fader knobs, pans, solos, mutes, and effects.
- Rendering – Render (export) your song for sharing with others.
- Import – Load a multichannel wav file from a DAW to use as the foundation of a new project or as a backing track for live performance.